Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 cups untoasted nuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Place the nuts in a 9x13” pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar melts, and bring it to a boil.
3.Boil the mixture for four minutes without stirring. Once the four minutes is up, remove immediately from the heat. Add the vanilla and baking soda, and stir quickly.
4. Immediately pour the mixture over the nuts in the pan and stir to coat the nuts thoroughly.
5. Bake the caramel nuts for 40 minutes, stirring after every 10 minutes.
6. Remove the nuts from the oven and spoon them onto a baking sheet covered with foil. Allow them to cool at room temperature, and once cool, break them into pieces. Store Caramel Nuts in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature.