Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups toasted nuts
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Combine the sugar, sour cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and stir until sugar dissolves. Insert a candy thermometer and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 236 degrees.
3. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla, and stir until they are incorporated. Allow the candy to sit at room temperature until it is lukewarm.
4. With a wooden spoon, beat the mixture vigorously until it loses its gloss and begins to stiffen and become hard to stir. Stop beating and quickly add the nuts. Stir until they are coated, and spread them in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Allow the nuts to cool and the fudge to “set,” then separate the nuts in small clumps and store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature. These nuts will keep for up to two weeks in a cool, dry environment.