Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex, or Crispex
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Measure cocoa powder and powdered sugar into a large (1 gallon) Ziploc bag and shake briefly to combine. Set aside for now.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a full boil.
3. Once the candy boils, remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
4. Quickly add the cereal and stir until it is evenly coated.
5. Place the cereal in the Ziploc bag and seal the top. Shake the bag and work the mixture with both hands, separating the pieces inside the bag to ensure that all of the pieces are covered with the cocoa-sugar mixture. Be careful, as the cereal can be hot even through the plastic bag.
6. Pour the candy onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Separate any clumps and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Once cool, store the candy in an airtight plastic bag for up to a week.