Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook the candy over medium-high heat until it reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the mixture reaches 290 degrees.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
5. Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.