Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups toasted nuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, and preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, spices, and salt. Place the room temperature egg whites in a small bowl and beat them to soft peaks with a handheld mixer.
3. Working with a small handful of nuts at a time, drop the nuts in the egg white and then in the sugar/spice mixture, coating them thoroughly. Spread the coated nuts on the baking sheet, and repeat with remaining nuts, egg white, and spices.
4. Bake the nuts at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature, then break any large clumps into smaller pieces. Store Spiced Nuts in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.