Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups toasted walnut halves
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, sour cream, and salt. Stir frequently until the mixture reaches 250 degrees.
3. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the vanilla and the walnuts. Stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
4. Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow it to cool for five minutes, then stir the nuts, making sure they are well-coated with the sugar syrup. Stir and coat on the baking sheet, then separate the nuts and allow them to fully cool.
5. Brown Sugared Walnuts can be stored in a Ziploc bag or airtight container at room temperature for several weeks.