- 1 cup toasted whole almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped almonds
1. Place the finely chopped nuts in a small bowl or shallow pie plate. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for one minute. Remove the bowl and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
3. Holding an almond by the tapered point, dip it in the chocolate so that it is about 50% submerged. Remove the almond from the chocolate and let the excess chocolate dip down into the bowl.
4. Press the chocolate-dipped almond into the pile of finely chopped nuts, turning it so that both sides are covered with a layer of nuts. Your almond should now look like an acorn. Place the finished almond on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining almonds and chocolate.
5. Once all of your almonds are finished, refrigerate them to set the chocolate, for about 15 minutes. Store Chocolate Almond Acorns in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.