- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with aluminum foil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the finely sliced almonds and the corn syrup. Stir to coat the almonds with the syrup, then add the powdered sugar and stir until the mixture is well-mixed.
3. Spread the almonds in a thin layer on one of the baking sheet, and bake them for 5-6 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Allow the almonds to cool for a few minutes, until crisp. While they are still slightly warm, loosen them from the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely.
4. While the almonds are cooling, place the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave them for one minute. Stir until the chocolate is smooth and homogenous.
5. Chop the almonds into small pieces. Add the almond pieces to the chocolate, reserving ¼ cup of the almonds to use as decoration, if desired. Add the crisped rice cereal, and stir until the mixture is well-combined.
6. Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop small spoonfuls of candy onto the second prepared baking sheet. If you reserved some chopped almonds, sprinkle them on top of the clusters while the chocolate is still wet.
7. Place the candy in the refrigerator to set the chocolate for about 30 minutes. Crispy Almond Clusters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.