Yield: 40 small balls
- 6 packages crunchy granola bars, like Nature Valley brand (each package has 2 bars)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup jam or jelly
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Keeping the granola bars in their wrapper, use a rolling pin to crush them into small crumbs. Alternately, you can unwrap them and pulse them in the food processor to produce small crumbs.
2. Place the peanut butter and jam in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar and stir until well-mixed. Add the contents of three of the granola bar packages to the peanut butter mixture. (If you used a food processor, add approximately half of the granola bar crumbs.) Stir until the mixture is well-combined.
3. Place the remaining crumbs into a bowl. Roll the peanut butter mixture into small balls about 3/4” in circumference, and roll the balls in the crumbs to coat them entirely. If this process is sticky, you can drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture into the crumbs and roll them around so they’re coated before forming them into balls between your palms.
4. Your Peanut Butter and Jelly Poppers are now finished. You can serve them right away, or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for a week or longer, but start to lose their wonderful crunchy texture after a day.