If you want to add a tropical flavor or a little chewiness, consider including the optional sweetened shredded coconut to the clusters.
Yield: 12 large or 24 small clusters
- 6 ounces chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups fruity crispy rice cereal, divided use
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Place the chopped white chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Continue to microwave it until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
2. Stir in 1 1/2 cups fruity crispy rice cereal, and if you are using it, the optional shredded coconut. Stir until the cereal is well-dispersed and coated with white chocolate.
3. Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto a foil-covered baking sheet. You should get 12 large clusters or 24 miniature candy clusters. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of cereal, to make them more colorful. Refrigerate the tray to set the white chocolate, for about 20 minutes.
4. Once set, the Rainbow Clusters can be enjoyed immediately. Store them in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature.