Yield: 1-1/2 lb chocolate bark
- 18 oz (about 3 cups) chopped chocolate
- 2 cups chopped pretzel pieces
- 1 cup chopped toffee bits (see note below)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
2. Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Stir it until it is melted and smooth.
3. Set aside 1/4 cup each of the pretzels and toffee, and stir the remaining pretzels and toffee into the melted chocolate.
4. Scrape the candy onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the top with the reserved pretzels and toffee and press them down gently to adhere them to the chocolate.
5. Refrigerate the bark until the chocolate is firm, for about 25 minutes. Once set, cut it into small pieces or break it into pieces by hand. Store Toffee Pretzel Bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Note about toffee bits: Prepackaged toffee bits can often be found in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips in well-stocked supermarkets. If you cannot find toffee bits, you can chop up toffee bars (plain or chocolate-covered both work fine) or make your own toffee to use in this recipe.