Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.25 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 pound chocolate candy coating
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the chips are melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating.
3. Once the chips are melted, add the marshmallow cream and the water and stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour it into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill the mixture thoroughly, at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Once the chocolate nougat is completely set and firm, prepare the chocolate for dipping. Place the chocolate candy coating in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating. Stir the melted chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to cool it slightly.
5. While the chocolate is cooling, remove the candy from the refrigerator, and pull up on the foil to lift the candy from the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut the candy in half, then cut each half into five pieces, for a total of 10 candy bars. Line a baking sheet with foil and set it nearby.
6. Using two forks or dipping tools, submerge one bar in the melted chocolate. Remove the bar from the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back down into the bowl. Place the dipped bar on the foil-lined sheet. Repeat the dipping with the remaining bars and chocolate. Place the bars in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate. Once set, the bars can be served immediately.
More Candy Bar Recipes: