Don't miss the photo tutorial showing how to make chocolate cups for step-by-step assistance during that part of the recipe.
Yield: about 24 S'mores Candy Cups
- 12 oz dark chocolate or chocolate candy coating
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme or fluff
- 3 rectangular graham crackers
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows, to decorate (optional)
1. To prepare the chocolate cups, temper the 12 ounces of dark chocolate, or melt the chocolate-flavored candy coating.
2. Using a small pastry brush (or clean paint brush), brush the chocolate up the sides of the small candy cups. Try to make your coating as even as possible, and swirl the cups upside down to help distribute the chocolate. Hold the cups up to the light to determine whether there are any translucent spots that did not get covered adequately. Set the remaining melted chocolate aside to use later. If you have questions, refer to this photo tutorial showing how to make chocolate cups.
3. Let the chocolate cups harden completely in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
4. When the cups are set, coarsely crush the graham crackers. Place a generous pinch of crushed crackers in the bottom of each chocolate cup.
5. Use a small spoon to scoop some marshmallow crème into each chocolate cup. Wet your finger and gently smooth the top so that it's in an even layer. Fill the cups until they are almost full, but leave space at the top to cover the marshmallow creme with chocolate. Refrigerate the cups so that the crème firms up a little, for about 20 minutes.
6. If the remaining chocolate has hardened, re-melt it gently. Spoon a bit on top of each cup, smoothing it to the edges to create a chocolate “seal” over the marshmallow crème. While the chocolate on top is still wet, sprinkle the tops of the cups with the remaining crushed graham crackers and the miniature marshmallows, if using.
7. Refrigerate the cups to set the chocolate, for about 20 minutes. Store S'mores Candy Cups in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Allow them to come to room temperature before serving.