- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 10 large lollipop sticks
- Toppings (crushed nuts, toasted coconut, sprinkles, etc)
1. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with waxed paper or parchment paper. Place your lollipop sticks on the baking sheet.
2. For these lollipops, it is absolutely crucial that you temper the chocolate before using it. Without tempering, the chocolate will get soft at room temperature and won’t hold its shape. You can skip tempering only if you plan to always store them in the refrigerator and serve them straight from the fridge. Otherwise, follow these instructions to temper your chocolate.
3. Pour the tempered chocolate into a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip, or a large Ziploc bag. If using the plastic bag, cut the corner off so it forms a small hole.
4. Draw spirals with the chocolate over the sticks. Begin at the top of one stick (this will be the center of the lollipop) and work your way outward, overlapping your circles to make your lollipops more sturdy.
5. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top of the pops with your desired toppings (nuts, coconut, sprinkles, chopped chocolate in different flavors, etc). Place the baking sheet in the fridge to briefly set the chocolate, then carefully peel the parchment or waxed paper away from the back of the lollipops.
6. Store the lollipops carefully at cool room temperature (or if untempered, in the refrigerator) for up to one week.