- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups shredded wheat cereal, finely chopped
- 1/2 salted nuts (any kind), chopped
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute or until melted, stirring until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the crushed shredded wheat, the nuts, and the miniature marshmallows, and stir until they are well-coated with chocolate. Microwave the candy for 20-30 seconds, until the marshmallows start to melt. I like the marshmallows to be gooey, but not fully melted, so that there are still pockets of intact marshmallow in my candy.
4. Pour the candy into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer. Refrigerate it to set the chocolate, for about 30 minutes. To serve, lift it from the pan using the foil as handles, and cut it into small squares. Chewy Wheat Squares can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.