Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1.25 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled matzoh
- 2 tsp chopped orange rind
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (optional)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and honey. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add the nuts and matzoh crumbs and stir until the mixture is very thick. Remove from the heat and add the orange zest and cinnamon.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle but still pliable.
5. Spray hands with nonstick spray, and roll the drops into balls. At this point, you can roll the balls in crushed nuts or toasted coconut, or leave them plain. Return the balls to the refrigerator to set completely.