It is time again for the Oscars, the most prestigious Hollywood awards show. Just the very name conjures up glamour and excitement: A-list celebrities! Diamonds! Couture gowns! Candy!
Yes, candy! To celebrate the 2007 Oscars, I've come up with themed candies to go along with some of the movies that are up for awards. These fun treats are perfect if you’re hosting or attending a viewing party, or if you just want some sugary distraction during the seemingly endless commercial breaks.
- Violet Creams are refined and subtle, and look dazzling when topped with crushed or whole candied violets.
- Rocky Road Towers reach toward the sky. Unlike the ill-fated Babel version, these are meant to be demolished. One bite and you’ll understand why they’re gone so quickly.
- Lemon Bark is made with dark chocolate and lemon-scented white chocolate, and topped with vibrant candied lemon zest. The flavors are bright but complex, sweet yet tangy, and the sunny color is a perfect match for Sunshine lovers.
- Mocha Meltaways are a truffle variation that are so silky smooth, they melt in your mouth and leave you craving another one before you know it. Their coffee-chocolate flavor is dark and intense, just like Scorsese’s latest masterpiece.
- Green Tea Truffles, topped with candied ginger, bring a dose of traditional Japanese flavor to a more Western candy.
- Double Fruit Jellies are beautiful two-toned gummy candies feature real strawberry and pineapple juice.
- Old-Fashioned Butterscotch.