Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 2-inch heart-shaped lollipops
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon oil
- Red food coloring
- Heart lollipop molds (specifically for hard candy)
- Lollipop sticks
1. Prepare your molds by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray and inserting lollipop sticks into the molds.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Insert the candy thermometer and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Allow to boil, without stirring, until candy reaches 295 degrees (hard-crack stage).
4. Once the candy reaches 295, remove it from heat. Stir in the cinnamon oil and 1-2 drops of red food coloring.
5. Spoon the candy into the mold cavities, making sure to cover the back of the stick.
6. Allow to cool completely and remove once hardened.
Variation: Mint extract can be substituted for cinnamon.