Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 6 cups potato chips (like Ruffles or Lay's)
- 1 package (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
2. Place the potato chips and peanuts in a plastic bag and use a heavy rolling pin or bottle to crush them coarsely. They do not need to be fine crumbs, but most of the pieces should be 1/4 inch or smaller.
3. Place the butterscotch chips in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 40-second increments until melted, stirring after every 40 seconds to prevent overheating.
4. Once the butterscotch chips are melted and smooth, stir in the crushed potato chips and peanuts, and the dried cranberries. Stir until the chips are well-distributed and the candy is well-mixed.
5. Use a small candy scoop or teaspoon to scoop up small spoonfuls of the candy and mound it on the prepared baking sheet. Continue making small clusters until all of the candy is formed into balls.
6. Refrigerate the clusters until the butterscotch is set, about 30 minutes. Store Potato Chip Clusters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.