Yield: 9x9 pan Pistachio Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz (12 tbsp) butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 3.5 oz (one box) instant pistachio pudding dry mix
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare a 9x9-inch pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the sugar, cream, butter, and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar and butter melt, and increase the heat to slightly higher than medium heat.
3. When the mixture comes to a boil, insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring frequently, until it reaches 235 degrees Fahrenheit (113 C).
4. When it reaches the correct temperature, remove the pan from the heat and add the white chocolate chips, the marshmallow cream, and the dry pistachio pudding mix. Stir vigorously until the chips and cream are melted and incorporated. If necessary, return the fudge to the heat for brief periods to melt the chips, but do not let the fudge come back to a boil.
5. Once the chips are completely melted, add the almond extract, the vanilla extract, and the chopped pistachios, and stir well. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
6. Let the fudge set at room temperature for 3-4 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. To serve, cut it into small 1-inch pieces. Store Pistachio Fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.