- 1.75 cups sugar
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream or fluff
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick (2 oz) butter
- 1 package (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the sugar, marshmallow cream, evaporated milk, and butter in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar melts and the butter dissolves.
3. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil. Once it boils, stir continuously for five minutes.
4. After five minutes, remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the butterscotch chips. Stir vigorously until the chips are melted and the fudge is completely smooth. If the chips have trouble melting, return the pan to the heat briefly and stir continuously until they melt.
5. Once the chips are incorporated, add the nuts and vanilla, and pour the fudge into the prepared pan.
6. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for two hours, or in the refrigerator for one hour. Once set, lift it from the pan using the foil as handles. Cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares to serve. Store Butterscotch Nut Fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.