- 1-1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cream, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugars dissolve, then insert a candy thermometer.
3. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring frequently, until the temperature reaches 238 degrees F (114 C) on the candy thermometer.
4. Once the proper temperature is reached, remove the fudge from the heat, and place the butter on top of the hot fudge, but do not stir.
5. After 5 minutes, add the vanilla, cinnamon, white chocolate chips, cranberries, and chopped pecans to the fudge, and stir until the chips melt. The fudge should begin to thicken and lose its gloss, but stop stirring it before it hardens completely.
6. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow the fudge to cool and set at room temperature for several hours.
7.Once set, cut the fudge into small pieces using a sharp knife. Store Cranberry Brown Sugar Fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.