- 12 rectangular sheets of graham crackers (24 squares)
- 3.5 ounces of butterscotch hard candies (about 32 candies)
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts or other nuts of your choice
1. Prepare a 10x15 baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the graham crackers on the baking sheet in a single layer, with the sides touching, covering up as much empty space as possible.
3. Put the unwrapped candies in a food processor and process them until they are a fine dust. Sprinkle the crushed candies over the graham crackers in an even layer, covering the entire tray.
4. Place the tray in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes. The candy should be liquefied by the end. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the candy in an even layer, and return the pan to the oven for 2 minutes to soften the chocolate.
5. Use a knife or an offset spatula to spread the chocolate in an even layer over the crackers. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top with the chopped nuts and gently press down to adhere them to the chocolate.
6. Once the candy reaches room temperature, place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set the chocolate. After it is completely set and cool, break the cracker brittle into small pieces with your hands and serve. Store Butterscotch Cracker Brittle in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature to serve.