Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1.25 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 7 tbsp (3.5 ounces) butter
1. Prepare a 9x9 inch baking pan or pie pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir while the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
3. Cover the saucepan with a lid and allow the mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes, then uncover the pan and insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the candy, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the mixture reaches 300 degrees. This process should take 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
4. As soon as the candy reaches the proper temperature, remove it from the heat and pour it into the prepared pan.
5. Let the candy sit for a few minutes, and once it begins to set, score the top into squares or wedges with a sharp knife sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Allow the candy to cool fully at room temperature, then break it apart along the previously scored lines.
7. Store toffee in an airtight container at room temperature for several days, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.