Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Cover the saucepan with a lid and allow the mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes, then uncover the pan and insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the candy, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the mixture reaches 305 degrees. This process should take 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
4. As soon as the mixture reaches the proper temperature, remove it from the heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter. Pour the candy into the prepared pan, and spread in an even thickness.
5. Let the candy sit for a few minutes, and once it begins to set, score the top into squares with a sharp knife sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Allow the candy to cool fully at room temperature, then break it apart along the previously scored lines.
7. Store toffee in an airtight container at room temperature for several days, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.