Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, for rolling
1. Pour the cocoa powder into a shallow pie pan and set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and microwave it until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating. Set the chocolate aside.
3. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat the mixture on medium speed for a minute or two, until well-combined.
4. Stop the mixer and add the melted chocolate. Beat until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer, cover it with cling wrap, and refrigerate until the candy is firm enough to scoop, about 20-30 minutes.
6. Once the candy is firm but not hard, scoop it into small balls using a teaspoon or candy scoop. Roll the balls in the cocoa powder and place on a plate or into an airtight container. When stored properly in the refrigerator, these truffles will keep for up to a week. For best taste and texture, serve these truffles at room temperature.