- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, to decorate
1. Melt the chopped chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring frequently to prevent overheating.
2. Mix the water, vanilla, and coffee granules together in a small bowl until the coffee dissolves.
3. Stir the coffee mixture and the cream cheese into the chocolate, and mix until it is well-blended. Press a layer of cling wrap on top and place it in the refrigerator to chill for one hour, until firm enough to roll.
3. Once the candy is firm enough to shape, scoop spoonfuls of candy and roll it into balls between your palms. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining candy. Place tray in the refrigerator to chill for another hour.
4. Melt candy coating in the microwave or over a double boiler. Dip balls using dipping tools or two forks, and return to foil-lined cookie sheet. Allow to harden, then melt milk chocolate and drizzle decoratively over the candy. Store in the refrigerator.