- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- zest from one orange
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1. Combine cream, butter, salt, and orange zest in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat gradually until mixture comes to a simmer, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Strain out the orange zest and pour the cream over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Add the orange liqueur at this point, if desired. Allow to sit for 2 minutes to soften the chocolate, then gently whisk to combine.
3. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to scoop.
4. Scoop balls of chocolate with a spoon or small cookie scoop. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Roll each truffle in chopped pistachios and return to baking sheet. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.