- 6 oz large marshmallows (about 25)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup conversation hearts, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time. Continue to microwave and stir until the marshmallows liquefy and you have a sticky mixture.
3. Add the crispy rice cereal and the chopped conversation hearts and stir until they are well-distributed and evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
4. Scrape the candy into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer. Allow to cool at room temperature.
5. Once cool, cut the treats into small squares, or use a cookie cutter to cut shapes from the treats. You can also melt some chocolate chips or white chocolate to drizzle on top, or to use to affix additional conversation hearts to the top of each piece.
6. Conversation Heart Treats can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.